Red and Gold is a fun, competitive and cooperative student-run activity guided by faculty moderators. Each team, Red and Gold, competes for points with entrance, cheering, aerobics, dance and spirit routines, as well as collaborative team cooperation. Senior students are voted into captain positions to create themes, make routines and teach them to the underclassmen, design costumes, demonstrate leadership, and communicate with the faculty moderators.
The revealing of the routines begins the first week of January, including and dress rehearsal run-through at Sacred Heart Academy and grand finale at Hofstra University, which is judged by professionals. It is on this evening that the winner is announced. This activity requires students to practice five to six times a week for about two hours at Sacred Heart Academy or at other local locations. Although Red and Gold demands hard work and dedication, nothing compares to the bonding experience among students and faculty, long lasting friendships, and pride for Sacred Heart Academy.
Red & Gold 2021
Date and Time
Friday, April 16, 2021
Rockville Centre Sports Complex, Darcy Field
Peninsula Blvd. Rockville Centre, NY
Show starts at 7:30 p.m. (Livestream will begin at 7:30 p.m.)
Student participant arrival process begins at 6:00 p.m.
The participant arrival schedule and additional drop-off and pick-up details are below.likuytrewqw456
Ticketholders may arrive no earlier than 7:00 p.m.
Red & Gold 2021 will be presented to viewers via a professionally produced livestream. To purchase access to the livestream and download, please visit: www.sacredheartacademyli.org/fanfare/. In-person attendance is limited to the families of the Class of 2021 only. Links to the Livestream will be sent out on Friday prior to the event. Please note that the livestream may only be viewed in real-time as Red & Gold takes place. You may purchase the commemorative download to view and save the Red & Gold production at another time. Access to the commemorative download will be sent next week.
Inclement Weather Plan
In the event of inclement weather, Red & Gold will take place under the tent at Sacred Heart Academy. Spectators will not be present, but the livestream will be available. Sacred Heart is prioritizing an in-person, outdoor event at the RVC Sports Complex at this time, but reserves the right to make an on-site call on Friday if safety is of concern.
Tickets for in-person attendance will be sold Wednesday, April 14 and Thursday, April 15 to participants of the Class of 2021. Tickets are $50 each - cash or a check made out to Sacred Heart Academy only. Tickets will be sold in Mrs. Sullivan’s office. Tickets may only be used by family members and are limited to two guests per participating Senior. Ticket holders may arrive no earlier than 7:00 p.m. on Friday.
There will be a professionally produced livestream for all other viewers. You may purchase access to the livestream by visiting our Fanfare order page. www.sacredheartacademyli.org/fanfare/
Captains’ parents will be given priority seating on the field. Guests seated on the field will need to bring their own lawn chairs in order to sit in pre-marked socially distanced pods. All other guest tickets will be general admission. Guests are required to maintain social distancing.
- The Village of Rockville Centre is NOT permitting parking at the Rockville Centre Sports Complex for Red & Gold. Street parking is available in Rockville Centre. Guests may then enter the facility via the pedestrian bridge located at the corner of Bulson Road and N. Village Avenue, Rockville Centre. Please be advised that the walking distance from the bridge to Darcy Field is approximately .4 miles. Family members of the Class of 2021 who are in need of handicapped parking are asked to contact Mrs. Fennes. email@example.com.
- THERE IS NO CROSSING OF PENINSULA BLVD. OTHER THAN THE USE OF THE PEDESTRIAN BRIDGE.
- Only ticketed fans (who are family members of Class of 2021 participants) will be given entry to the event.
- Per RVC guidelines:
- Masks must be worn at all times and social distancing must be followed.
- All guests will have their temperature scanned upon arrival. If you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, you are asked to please stay home.
- Signs, balloons, and noisemakers of any kind are prohibited.
- There is no food or drink permitted.
- All ticket holders will be subject to a bag search.
Participating Student Dropoff and Pickup Procedures
- Please see the dropoff schedule sent to participating students.
- The individual teams (i.e. Red Dance, Gold Cheer) will walk as a team to the field via the pedestrian bridge on N. Village Avenue in Rockville Centre. Only when ALL members of the team have arrived will the team be permitted to commence their parade to the venue.
- Red & Gold Coaches, Ms. Mary Kate Petsky and Ms. Sam Toohey, will be stationed at the dropoff location, along with SHA employee, Mr. Robert Speck, to coordinate the site and manage safety concerns.
- Parent volunteers will be stationed along the route to ensure student safety.
- Parents of participating students may pick up their daughters at the venue between 9:30 and 9:50 p.m.
- Professional security will be directing traffic in and out of the venue. Please be patient and use caution, as there will be a large number of individuals moving through the area at this time.
- For students returning to cars via the pedestrian bridge, parent volunteers will be again stationed along the route.