This is a list of college scholarships that the SHA Guidance Department is in receipt of via US Mail or email notification. It is not inclusive of ALL potential scholarships that may be available to students. Therefore, our students & their families are encouraged to also research college scholarship opportunities on the individual college Financial Aid websites, SHA's website resources page, Naviance, internet searching or please consult your daughter's counselor for further assistance.
(Most Recent at the Top as of 9/22/22)
Name of Scholarship: Excelsior Scholarship
Under this groundbreaking program, more than 940,000 middle-class families and individuals making up to $125,000 per year will qualify to attend college tuition-free at all CUNY and SUNY two- and four-year colleges in New York State. The new program begins in the fall of 2017 and will be phased in over three years, beginning for New Yorkers making up to $100,000 annually in the fall of 2017, increasing to $110,000 in 2018, and reaching $125,000 in 2019.
If you would like to be electronically notified when you may apply for the Excelsior Scholarship, please enter your email address on the Excelsior Scholarship Alert form found on the link below. If you do not wish to register for notifications, you can check for periodic updates at HESC.ny.gov.
Click here for info
Going Merry Auto-Updating Scholarship Chart
September Newsletter - Click here
Scholarship Links for Women - Please click here
Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation
Each year, the Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation
awards 150 college scholarships worth $20,000 to high school students across the United States through the Coca-Cola Scholars Program. Students need a 3.0 GPA and to fill out an online application
that requires no essays, no recommendations, and no transcripts
Who: HS Seniors
Deadline: October 31, 2022 by 5:00 pm
Scholastic Art & Writing Awards
Awards & scholarships for educators & students in grades 7 - 12, ages 13 & up.
Please click here
for more information & to apply.
0 essays. 0 report cards. 1 solid financial bump.
Enter to win, and you're in the running for a monthly $2,500 prize, and eventually our yearly $15,000 prize towards tuition.
Heisman High School Scholarship
The Heisman High School Scholarship is proud to continue its 28-year tradition of honoring the nation’s most esteemed high school seniors and supporting high school academic and athletic programs across the country. The program recognizes and rewards male and female high school seniors who accomplish tremendous feats in the classroom, on the field, and most importantly, within their communities.
Senior Scholar Athletes could win $1,000, $2,000 or $10,000 scholarships
- Winning a Heisman High School Scholarship requires a weighted GPA of 3.0 or better, participation in at least one sport, and demonstrated leadership at school and in the community. You have students who have worked hard for years to make the grade.
Deadline: October 18, 2022
Name of Scholarship: College Board Opportunity Scholarships
Description/Requirements: National scholarship program lays out six simple steps that all students can take to get into college. Now, you have the chance to build on your school's existing college preparation efforts by helping students focus on the most important actions in the process.
Students have the chance to earn scholarships when they:
- Build a college list.
- Practice for the SAT®.
- Improve their SAT score.
- Strengthen their college list.
- Fill out the Federal Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Apply to college.
Beginning with the class of 2020, we're awarding scholarships ranging from $500 to $40,000 when students complete those six steps. This year so far, the College Board has awarded $400,000 to our first 500 Opportunity Scholarship winners.
How to apply: https://opportunity.collegeboard.org/?SFMC_cid=EM127872-&rid=89968798
Deadline: Various deadline dates. Please view website for details.
Name of Scholarship: NYS STEM Incentive Program
Description/Requirements: The NYS STEM Incentive Program provides a full SUNY tuition scholarship to the top 10 percent of students in each NYS high school if they pursue a STEM degree in an associate’s or bachelor’s degree program and agree to live in NYS and work in a STEM field in NYS for five years after graduation.
An applicant must:
- be a NYS resident and have resided in NYS for 12 continuous months prior to the beginning of the fall college term;
- be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen;
- be a high school senior/recent high school graduate who will be enrolled full time at a SUNY or CUNY college, including community colleges and the statutory colleges at Cornell University and Alfred University, beginning in the fall term following his or her high school graduation;
- be ranked in the top 10 percent of his/her high school graduating class at a NYS high school;
- be matriculated in an approved undergraduate program leading to a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics at a SUNY or CUNY college;
- earn a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher each term after the first semester;
- execute a Service Contract agreeing to reside and work in the field of Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics in NYS for five years.
For more information, visit:
Deadline: August 15, 2022
Helpful Information from fastweb.com:
2021-2022 High School Student Calendar
Quick Reference 2021 - 2022 High School Educators
Evaluating Financial Aid Award Letters
Download Free Materials
Scholarship Search Websites: