Sacred Heart Academy is imbued with the mission of the Congregation of the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Brentwood. We profess in our philosophy, "that each member of the Community is uniquely gifted by a loving God, and individually called to respond to that love." We encourage our young women to develop these gifts through a spiritual atmosphere and a variety of religious experiences.
Religious activities include...
- We have a special space for private and group prayer in a chapel. Before homeroom, students and faculty are invited to gather in the chapel, where student ministers lead the service of the day.
- We begin each day with prayer and recitation of our Mission Statement. Before dismissal, we pause to end our day with prayer. Theology classes often feature guided meditations, Scripture readings and reflection, together with spontaneous prayers for intentions.
- The entire community celebrates Eucharist on special occasions such as the opening of the school year, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Graduation.
- The sacrament of Reconciliation is offered to all students during Lent, when priests from local area parishes generously volunteer their time at Sacred Heart for this experience.
- All students are offered a variety of retreat experiences. And each year, seniors may also take advantage of the traditional three-day retreat, which for the past several years has been held at the Don Bosco Retreat Center in Stony Point, NY.