All Guidance Appointments are mandatory and you must meet with your Guidance Counselor.
SEPTEMBER – OCTOBER
• Attend Financial Aid Meeting for all Senior Parents – September 18, 2018 at 7:00 pm.
• File the Financial Aid forms (CSS Profile & FAFSA) as soon as possible by Nov. 1st.
• Cap and gown measurement - TBA
• File for October 6th SAT Reasoning Test/SAT Subject Tests – Deadline September
• File for October 27th ACT – Deadline September
• Listen carefully during the Senior Level Meeting in September to discuss the Naviance and Common Application Process.
• Meet with your counselor for instruction and review of the College Application process.
• If you are having difficulty with the College Application Process, check in with your counselor for assistance.
• Be sure to follow the College Application Deadline Sheet when submitting college applications.
• Consult the calendar of College Representatives who will visit SHA from 7:30 – 8:00 am during the months of September – November.
• Consult the calendar listing the dates and times of the Fall College Fairs in the Metropolitan Area.
• Visit Colleges, if possible.
• File for November 3rd SAT Reasoning Test/SAT Subject Tests – Deadline October
• Review the Scholarship Information and Open House dates posted on the Guidance website tab.
NOVEMBER – DECEMBER
• File for December 1st SAT Reasoning Test/SAT Subject Tests – Deadline November
• File for December 8th ACT – Deadline November
• If applicable, carefully write the supplemental essay required by certain colleges as part of the admissions process. See your English teacher for assistance.
JANUARY – FEBRUARY
• Keep checking for special scholarships. Carefully review the Guidance tab located on the SHA website under Guidance and College Scholarship Resource tab.
MARCH – JUNE
• As you receive your college decisions, submit a copy of all college letters to Guidance (Acceptance, Denial, Waitlist, and Deferred).
• As early as possible, notify those colleges that have accepted you – either that you will or will not attend.
• Submit your college deposit by May 1st.
• Indicate in Naviance the college attending so your counselor knows where to send your FINAL TRANSCRIPT.
IMPORTANT: MAKE COPIES FOR YOUR FILES OF ALL FORMS SENT TO COLLEGES, AGENCIES ETC.