Academic Excellence at Sacred Heart Academy
Rooted in the mission of the Sisters of St. Joseph, Sacred Heart Academy provides a unique all-girl learning space that allows young women to develop the confidence to become leaders who make thoughtful decisions. SHA is recognized as the school of choice for talented young women seeking excellent academic, leadership and athletic opportunities.
- A recognized Blue Ribbon School of Excellence, Sacred Heart Academy students seek out leadership and academic opportunities to build a foundation that prepares them for success at the top colleges and universities.
- Through the College Board, SHA sponsors an opportunity for students to distinguish their diploma with the completion of the AP Capstone ™. SHA’s four-year program develops students’ skills in research, analysis, evidence-based arguments, collaboration, writing, and presenting. Students who complete the four-year program can earn one of two different AP Capstone awards, which are valued by colleges across the United States and around the world.
- Customized programs allow students to explore their own interests and to challenge themselves academically.
- SHA students build meaningful relationships with caring faculty who are committed to student success. Sacred Heart faculty members are New York State-certified in their subject areas; several hold certifications in multiple areas.
- SHA students excel in honors, AP and college-credit courses, and graduate college-ready.
- SHA is a Google school. All incoming students are issued a Chromebook. Certified Ed Tech coaches work with faculty to incorporate technology in meaningful ways. Each classroom is outfitted with interactive teaching tools to support modern learning.
- SHA is the first all-girls school with a Bloomberg Finance Lab. All seniors have the opportunity to become Bloomberg Certified. SHA alumnae report that having the Bloomberg certification is a recognized advantage in their college programs.
- A focus on STEM prepares students for fields underrepresented by women. Under the leadership of a dedicated director, the Science Research Program allows students to showcase their research in publications and opens doors for prestigious internships with the nation’s top research facilities and universities.
- SHA’s Fine Arts curriculum supports interests in music, theater, dance and art. SHA musicians are recognized by NYSSMA, and students have the opportunity to further explore their interest in music through an AP Music Theory Course.