College Credit Courses
2021 – 2022
Under a dual enrollment program, Sacred Heart Academy students may take courses through the St. John’s University Extension Program, the Long Island High School Program of Adelphi University, the High School Program at Molloy College and St. Joseph’s College. This enables the academy to offer optional college credit for an additional fee at the same time a student is earning high school credit for her SHA diploma. Transfer of the credit may be sought at other colleges according to the regulations of the admitting college/university. Courses are offered in English, French, Spanish, Biology, Mathematics, Music, Social Studies and Art/Computers.
St. John’s University:
- Registration ends on Friday, October 8, 2021 AND the Payment deadline is Friday, October 15, 2021 (Unfortunately no extensions or exceptions are possible because these deadlines come from the university)
- Students MUST register online at: https://www.stjohns.edu/admission/other-programs/college-advantage-program
- John's is for SENIORS ONLY for the following courses: AP Bio (SENIORS), French 5H, Hist. of Music Theatre-Honors and Gender Studies
- FEE: Each course is $325.00
- ** PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU DO NOT REGISTER FOR THE FALL SEMESTER, THEN YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO REGISTER FOR THE SPRING SEMESTER **
- Registration begins on Wednesday, September 8, 2021 – Tuesday, November 30, 2021
- FEE: $390 per course – Payment is due at time of registration
- Students MUST register online at: https://class.adelphi.edu/hsp/
- Registration is the responsibility of the students. Open to JUNIORS and SENIORS
- Courses: AP Biology (JUNIORS), French 4H & Spanish 4H
- ** It is STRONGLY recommended to register for BOTH the Fall & Spring semesters in both courses **
- Registration opens for ALL Molloy Courses on Friday, October 1, 2021 – Tuesday, February 15, 2022 (This registration covers the whole year. If you are registering for AP US History, you will need to register for Courses 1110 and 1120 at the same time period).
- Click here for Molloy College Instructions.
- Courses: Pre Calc, Pre Calc H, Calc, AP Calc, AP US History and Statistics
- FEE: $250 per course – Payment due at time of registration & is non-refundable
- Need to register for the Fall and Spring semesters at the same time for History Courses
St. Joseph’s College – (Paper applications only)
- Applications can be picked up in the Guidance Office starting on Monday, September 20, 2021.
- Forms and payment need to be returned to Guidance by Friday, September 24, 2021.
- FEE: $180 for the 3 credit course ($25 processing fee) Total = $205 (Check payable to Sacred Heart Academy)
- Course: Graphic Design I
- Open to JUNIORS & SENIORS
College Courses Offered at Sacred Heart
* Please note for all Fall and Spring Courses, a student must register in the Fall in order to register in the Spring, EXCEPT for Molloy College Courses. Fall and Spring courses are REGISTERED TOGETHER, at the same time – during their registration period in the months of October – February.
- Once the Registration Period ends for any and all semesters, students can no longer earn college credit for the course even if they are still in the course.
- After a student graduates from Sacred Heart Academy or advances to the next grade level, a student may not register for any course that she has previously taken and has completed.
- A student did not have to register for Pre-Calculus with Molloy in 11th grade in order for her to be eligible to register as a senior, for Calculus. They are separate entities at Molloy.
Please contact: Mrs. Kathleen O’Neill
Director of Guidance
Liaison for College Credit Program