The following Sacred Heart Academy students will be competing in the Long Island Science Congress at St. Anthony's High School on April 2nd.
1) Kyra Browne '22 - Effects of crumb rubber contamination on terrestrial ecosystems by heavy metal leaching
2) Leilah Clark '21 - Parental occupation as an influence on adolescent females' STEM-gender job aspirations
3) Erin Cooper '21 & Angelina Kramer '21 - Think before you drink: Developing a (cost-)effective, eco-friendly date-rape drug-detecting straw
4) Sophia Fitzpatrick '21 - When guilt is good: Can featuring endangered animals in PSA’s improve climate change awareness & activism?
5) Mary Menger '21 - Evaluating the Effects of Plastic Waste on Daphnia Magna
6) Lindsay Moran '21 - Poor Letter-Shape Knowledge Among Skilled Adolescent Readers Despite Significant Visual Exposure
7) Carmela Musso '21 - The Effect of Spirituality and Technology Usage on the Resilience of Secondary and Undergraduate Students Attending Faith-Based Institutions
8) Genevieve Satzinger '21 - The Impact of Sleep Quality and Quantity on Performance among Aesthetic Athletes
9) Caroline Davis '21, Anne McManus & Keira Rodkin - How Climate Change Impacts the Reproduction & Respiration Rates of Cassiopea