Sacred Heart Academy offers Driver Education classes in the fall, spring and summer seasons.
Program Highlights (For semester specific information, scroll down)
- Accredited and registered by the NYS Education Department and Department of Motor Vehicle.
- All instructors possess MV-283s and are accredited NYS Teachers licensed to teach High School Driver Education.
- All cars used by Sacred Heart Academy are 2017 VW Passats, dual-braked, air conditioned, and fully insured.
- For more specific information please review our Informational Flyer (link below).
- Learn safe, effective, and efficient operations of a car.
- Develop proper skills, habits, and attitudes for defensive driving.
- Acquire an understanding NYS traffic law and rules of the road.
- Successfully obtain an MV-285 from Sacred Heart Academy (Some insurance companies will offer a discount if a student has obtained the MV-285).
Tuition is $700.00, and must be paid in full at the time of registration. Full tuition must be paid via credit card. $75 is non-refundable should you ask for a refund. Students will be enrolled on a first-come, first-served basis. Any student that applies into a full section will be wait listed with no guaranteed spot in our program. See below for semester specific information.
Enrollment Information- It is recommended that students have at least 15 hours of driving practice. All registrations must be completed with the registration form below.
Please check below for semester specific information.
Spring 2020 - Registration is open
*Note: $75 is non-refundable should you ask for a refund. Once classes begin there are no refunds*
Email with any questions or concerns: Jfanning@sacredheartacademyli.org
Calendar - Spring 2020: Subject to Change
Registration - Spring 2020: Please review our course content (above) before registering.
Weekday Rosters - Please use as confirmation of enrollment.
Saturday Rosters - Please use as confirmation of enrollment.
*Please note some Saturdays are moved to Sundays to accommodate some ACT/SAT tests*
Summer 2020 Information - Registration will open on/about 3/1/20
All inquiries email: Jfanning@sacredheartacademyli.org
Please remember students must have a permit # and at least 10-15 hours of driving practice before registering. If you have any concerns, please email email@example.com.
Schedule: Students may makeup 1 lecture and 1 driving. If a student misses a 3rd class (lecture or driving) they will not meet NYS minimum requirements for Driver Education, no exceptions. Students will take classes for 16 consecutive weekdays Monday - Friday.
Summer Dates: Subject to change.
Session A: 6/29 - 7/21 (No classes 7/3).
Session B: 7/22 - 8/12
Sacred Heart of Jesus, grant me
a steady hand and watchful eye,
that none be hurt as I pass by.
Thou givest life. I pray no act of mine
take away or mar that gift Divine.
Protect those, Lord, who travel with me
from highway dangers and all anxiety.
Teach me to use my car for others' needs
and never miss the beauty of Thy
world through excessive speed.
I pledge to drive with loving concern
to my every destination,
offering each travel hour to Thee
in a spirit of reparation.
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus,
my auto Companion,
have mercy on me.