Students who are interested in entering SHA should plan on taking the annual Catholic High School Entrance Exam (CHSEE)
- or, for Brooklyn/Queens residents, the Test for Admission into Catholic High Schools (TACHS)
exam - in the 8th grade. The test is given at SHA and most other Catholic high schools in the region each fall.
In addition, all prospective students will need to:
- List Sacred Heart as one of their three choices on the exam.
- Provide academic records from 7th grade and their first report card for 8th grade by mid-December.
- Be immunized - no exemptions.
- Transfers are only accepted into 9th, 10th and beginning of 11th grade.
- Transcripts may be faxed to (516) 485-2110 or e-mailed to the Director of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upon review of school records, applicants will sit for an interview with the Director of Admissions.
- If applicants did not take New York State Regents exams, they will be required to sit for them before graduation.
for additional information about Sacred Heart Academy.