Students who are interested in entering SHA should plan on taking the annual Catholic High School Entrance Exam (CHSEE)
- or, for Brooklyn/Queens residents, the Test for Admission into Catholic High Schools (TACHS)
exam - in the 8th grade. The test is given at SHA and most other Catholic high schools in the region each fall.
Learn more about SHA's CHSEE prep course
. In addition, all prospective students will need to
- List Sacred Heart as one of their three choices on the exam.
- Provide academic records from 7th grade and their first report card for 8th grade by mid-December.
- Be immunized - no exemptions.
- Transfers are only accepted into 9th, 10th and beginning of 11th grade.
- Transcripts may be faxed to (516) 485-2110 or e-mailed to the Director of Admissions at email@example.com
- Upon review of school records, applicants will sit for an interview with the Director of Admissions.
- If applicants did not take New York State Regents exams, they will be required to sit for them before graduation.
Three W International Students
Sacred Heart Academy has teamed up with Three W International to provide a high caliber education to academically gifted young women from abroad. Current SHA students act as American ambassadors, sharing our culturally-rich heritage and welcoming another part of the world into the SHA community.
to contact Three W.
to open the homestay request flyer for Chinese Students.
for additional information about Sacred Heart Academy.