As the postseason starts to wrap up, the Sacred Heart Academy Spartans have a lot to be proud of. Here are the latest updates:
- The Freshman team finished first overall in the Cross Country CHSAA Championship. Kathleen Healey finished 2nd overall in the Freshman race.
- The Sophomore Cross Country Team finished 2nd in the Cross Country CHSAA Championship.
- Varsity Soccer played their hearts out in the league championship but were not able to defeat St. Anthony's, losing 5-1. Christina Biscardi was named NSCHSAA Player of the Year.
- The team took 2nd place at the NSCHSAA League Meet.
- Lauryn Johnson won the 100 fly and 500 freestyle and broke the CHSAA record for both events. She was also named most outstanding swimmer of the meet.
- Joanie Cash won the 100 freestyle placed 2nd in the 50 freestyle and made States.
- Fiona Walsh made States in 100 freestyle.
- Ariana Bartoli made States in 100 breast
- SHA won the 200/400 free relay and qualified for States. Both had Johnson, Walsh, Harkin, and Cash.
- Earlier this year, SHA also qualified for the 200 medley relay.
- Varsity Volleyball won the semi-finals to advance to the championship on Tuesday, November 6 at 7 p.m. at St. Dominic's.
- JV Volleyball fell to St. Anthony's in 2 sets in the championship. The sets were tight and the level of play was impressive.