Sacred Heart Academy offers Driver Education classes in the fall, spring and summer seasons.
About the Program
- Accredited and registered by the NYS Education Department.
- All instructors are accredited NYS Teachers licensed to teach High School Driver Education.
- All cars used by Sacred Heart Academy are late-model, dual-braked, air conditioned, and fully insured.
- Learn safe, effective, and efficient operations of a car.
- Develop proper skills, habits, and attitudes for defensive driving.
- Acquire an understanding NYS traffic law and rules of the road.
- Successfully obtain an MV-285 from Sacred Heart Academy (Some insurance companies will offer a discount if a student has obtained the MV-285).
Tuition is $675.00. A non refundable deposit of $350.00 must accompany your application and the full balance must be paid at the first class. Students will be enrolled on a first-come, first-served basis.
For more information or to apply for the Fall or Spring Semester, please click here
For Fall calendar click here
For syllabus info click here.
Sacred Heart of Jesus, grant me
a steady hand and watchful eye,
that none be hurt as I pass by.
Thou givest life. I pray no act of mine
take away or mar that gift Divine.
Protect those, Lord, who travel with me
from highway dangers and all anxiety.
Teach me to use my car for others' needs
and never miss the beauty of Thy
world through excessive speed.
I pledge to drive with loving concern
to my every destination,
offering each travel hour to Thee
in a spirit of reparation.
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus,
my auto Companion,
have mercy on me.